Announcements for November 7, 2023
For lunch today: Mexican chicken, seasoned corn, tossed salad with ranch, hot biscuit, and fresh fruit and milk. Another option is pizza.
- For breakfast tomorrow: Ham, egg & cheese bar, fresh fruit and juice/milk.
- Basketball: SGBB will play at Clarksville Classic at 6.
- Jostens will come Nov. 9th for Senior orders during both lunches.
- The FFA Club is doing a Food Drive for the care center Nov 1-16. Please bring jars of peanut butter and the advisory class with the most jars will get an ice cream party from FFA in advisory.
- The Art Club is making Grateful Grams for Thanksgiving! There will be a premade design to choose from along with a custom card option. Each card will come with a small bag of candy. The premade card is $3 and will include a message and some candy. Students can choose to send romantic, comedic, or generic cards to the person of their choice. The custom card is $5 and students will choose a theme for their card along with what the card will say. Cards will be sold at lunch from November 6th through the 10th.
- We will have a Veterans Day Assembly on Friday during 3rd period. Please wear red, white and/or blue on Friday. No hats, masks, face paint, etc. We will have guests on campus and we need to dress appropriately. Thank you Mrs. Bates for organizing this event.
- Are you interested in going to Europe?! All 9th and 10th grade students are invited to participate in the Europe trip to Paris, Germany, and Switzerland. There will be a mandatory parent meeting on Tuesday, November 14th at 7 pm in the cafeteria. Please email Mrs. Vickers for information!
- Boys soccer tryouts will start November 13th. A sign-up sheet will be in the office. Contact Coach Jones with any questions.
- Congratulations Trinity Bell, for being our Thespian of the Week. Your enthusiasm brings a smile to our faces. Thank you for your positive attitude.
- MHS Speech and Debate team competed at Mills University Studies High School this past weekend. The team placed 2nd overall and had the following winning entries: Danajah Penn won 1st place in Humorous Interpretation, 3rd place in Dramatic Interpretation, 2nd place in Storytelling, 3rd place in Duo Improv, and 4th place in the Pentathlon. Stefany Claussen won 1st place in Duo Interpretation, 3rd place in Informative Speaking, 6th place in Storytelling, and 6th place in Prose. Salina Sosa won 8th place Storytelling, 4th place Prose, 5th place Dramatic Interpretation, and 3rd place Duo Improv. Kynlee Little won 1st place in Duo Interpretation and 4th place in Storytelling. Aarya Patel won 4th place in Impromptu Speaking and the Mills Honorary Comet Award. Addison Edwards won 5th place in Storytelling and 7th place in Prose. Please congratulate these Devil Dogs when you see them!
- Congratulations to Micah Autrey and Aliza Ahouse for making the All-Tournament team at Saturday's quiz bowl tournament.