Announcements for November 10, 2023
For lunch today: Loaded baked potato, cheese breadstick, seasoned broccoli, and fresh fruit and milk.
- For breakfast tomorrow: Sausage biscuit, fresh fruit and juice/milk..
- The FFA Club is doing a Food Drive for the care center Nov 1-16. Please bring jars of peanut butter and the advisory class with the most jars will get an ice cream party from FFA in advisory. A jar of peanut butter will also eliminate up to $1.00 of your library fines.
- The Art Club is making Grateful Grams for Thanksgiving! There will be a premade design to choose from along with a custom card option. Each card will come with a small bag of candy. The premade card is $3 and will include a message and some candy. Students can choose to send romantic, comedic, or generic cards to the person of their choice. The custom card is $5 and students will choose a theme for their card along with what the card will say. Cards will be sold at lunch from November 6th through the 10th.
- The Veterans Day Assembly has been moved to the arena. All students and staff will report to the arena after the end of 2nd period. When the bell rings to go to 3rd period please go to the arena. Please wear red, white and/or blue on Friday. No hats, masks, face paint, etc. We will have guests on campus and we need to dress appropriately. Thank you Mrs. Bates for organizing this event. Remember, it is polite to salute the American Flag as it passes you in a procession. You should follow the American Flag with your eyes and salute until it is put into the flag stand. It is polite to salute the flag during both the Pledge of Allegiance and the National Anthem. Remember that by showing respect to the flag, you are showing respect to those veterans who have served our country.
- Are you interested in going to Europe?! All 9th and 10th grade students are invited to participate in the Europe trip to Paris, Germany, and Switzerland. There will be a mandatory parent meeting on Tuesday, November 14th, at 7 pm in the cafeteria. Please email Mrs. Vickers for information!
- Boys soccer tryouts will start November 13th. A sign-up sheet will be in the office. Contact Coach Jones with any questions.
- Congratulations Trinity Bell, for being our Thespian of the Week. Your enthusiasm brings a smile to our faces. Thank you for your positive attitude.
- Seniors, this is a reminder that you need to choose your composite photo by this Friday, November 10th. Personal senior photos need to be emailed to Ms. Rose by Friday, November 17th.
- Any seniors who didn’t attend the Jostens meeting and need to pick up a packet to order their cap and gown, please see us at the front office.
- The MHS Dance Team will compete at the state competition for dance on Saturday, November 11th, at Alma High School. The MHS Dancers are scheduled to perform at 2:44. We'd love to see you in the stands supporting the team!